Evening Primrose Oil for labour 1000mg 150caps – Good Health
Good Health EPO, contains Evening Primrose Oil, a naturally rich source of essential Omega-6 fatty acids (EFAs). EFAs may provide relief from symptoms of PMT, hormonal balance, inflammatory skin conditions and allergies. Each capsule provides 1000mg of Evening Primrose Oil. Good Health EPO® is a high quality cold pressed oil.
Recommended for Supporting hormonal balance – particularly premenstrual health/ Beneficial for dry skin conditions /Supporting Omega 6 deficiency/ supporting cardiovascular health
EPO provides beneficial Omega-6 essential fatty acids particularly Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is beneficial for balancing the female reproductive system espcially for PMT and improving dry skin conditions such as ezcema and psoriasis.
According to Birthing Naturally (Check with LMC if using for the below mentioned)
- Evening primrose oil helps to soften the cervix by providing prostaglandins and the components the body needs to make prostaglandins. This can help to ripen a cervix to help encourage labour or to speed labour.
- How to use it: Evening primrose oil can be taken internally near the end of pregnancy. It can also be massaged directly onto the cervix if ripening is desired. NOTE: Evening primrose oil should not be taken until after 36-37 weeks of pregnancy.
- Integrating it into labour:Daily massage after 37 weeks: Squeeze oil out of capsules. Apply the oil to a clean finger and carefully insert in vagina to rub the oil onto the cervix.
- After the 37th week, take one 500 mg capsule orally three times a day.
- In early labour, massage the cervix with a finger dipped in evening primrose oil.